Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day 2011-The BEST!

Margaret & I
Can I just say that my Family out did themselves this year. I was filled with so much emotion that I could hardly stand all the love that I received on yesterday! My Mother's Day began on Saturday evening as I received a visit from my girlfriend, Margaret. She blessed me with a lovely card and a "pocketbook" charm for my bracelet. She wanted to highlight my love for shopping and pocketbooks!!!! (She knows me well!) :) We shared a glass of wine & tried to solve the world's problems before I konked out on my couch!

On the next morning, I woke up with excitement. I couldn't wait to get dressed for church and share the day with my First Family! My husband presented me with some high-heels to go with my dress. They were beautiful and just my style! 

Me & Aubrey (My heart!)
He also gave me a dozen of white roses to beautify my day even more. My daughter, Ayleah came downstairs with a homemade Mother's Day card expressing her love for me and then the banger...she gave me a scrapbook filled with pictures, memories, dates, etc...from all three of my children starting with Norris and ending with Isaiah. These pictures reminded me of why I am who I am and why I do what I do. I just cried my eyes out! The time and effort that it took to put this creative design together was more meaningful than anything they could have bought me. My role as a mother was bursting off those pages and my love for my 3 children was saturated from corner to corner!

After I got myself together and my makeup, we went off to church. I was pleasantly surprised to have the same girlfriend that shared my Saturday evening over wine to also join me for church! Also, another soul sister (Stephanie) was there as well with her family! I was feeling so blessed and overwhelmed with God's love! 

Me & My Babies!
Boy, was I in for a treat though and only God knew what was next. While sitting in service, my daughter (Ayleah) sends me a note pointing to a picture on the church program of our pastor Brian baptizing someone. She proceeds to tell me that she wants to get baptized on the date noted on the program. Isaiah asks me what is going on and I tell him. He then tells me that he wants to get baptized as well. Can I just say that I wanted to jump up and stop service right then to tell the world that my babies wanted to profess Christ and publicly acknowledge Him as their Lord & Savior. Of course, I started crying all over again! Another gift but that one was from God and could not be beat! Thank you Jesus!

My family then took me to a restaurant called Great Seasons for Mother's Day Brunch which was yummy, elegant and lovely! It had an awesome atmosphere and great food! After a much needed nap, we ended the evening by going out to the movies to see Fast Five! It was very good and the scenery wasn't half bad either...Needless to say, my Mother's Day was extraordinary and I am thankful to have received all the love from everyone who mattered the most! Thank you God for showing me that a Mother's love does not go unnoticed and all the sacrifices are truly worth it!
Mother's Day 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment