Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Staying Out of God's Business

I often wonder what people think of me. I wonder do they see the good in me or just the bad. I wonder do they appreciate my kindness or just take advantage of it as an entitlement. I sit back and ponder on my perception of the world and its perception of me. I imagine what could be going through their minds when my strong personality forces its way into a situation. I think about my love and wonder does everyone that I love, know that I love them and do they have any clue how much. 

I consider how I could be different, better, more intriguing without compromising who I am and what I have become due to my life's experiences. I think less about the past than I do the future. I don't wonder long about what people use to think about me because those are days of old. As the wondering comes to an end...I realize that I don't really care so much about what people think of me! I am strong & confident enough to know that 99.9% of me is good and pleasing to God. 

Yes, I fail...sometimes royally. Yes, I think evil thoughts and consider evil deeds. However, the love that God has bestowed upon me...I have in most cases chosen to turn the other cheek, pray for those that despitefully use me and forgive my enemies. "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;-Matthew 5:44" 

I think about the future that I am creating and how I can be a more perfected me. Individuals are cruel and in most cases have short memories of their own sin(s). We find it very easy to see the wrong in others instead of focusing on our own shortcomings. I have chosen to work daily on me and I refuse to point out others failures in their lives. I refuse to invoke my moral ideology on those surrounding me. My God is their God. Our God is a Just Keeper & Protector of our souls. He is able to chastise, rebuke and love us back to His spirit like no human can.  We are His representatives of the quality of life that the Kingdom of God offers. That means at home, in church, and in the marketplace -- we're each called by God to rise to our maximum level of achievement. It is His plan for us. Thank God that HE equips us (and teaches us His character) to reach His goals. I want to be a building block, a rock, a cornerstone, a lover, a true friend and Christ-follower...while being sure to stay out of God's business and mind my own.

Hank Williams says it best:
Mindin' other people's business seems to be high-toned
I got all that I can do just to mind my own
Why don't you mind your own business
If you mind your own business, you'll stay busy all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment